I’ve been neglecting my Magento extensions a bit lately and it somewhat ironically caught up with me yesterday. We’re developing a new store on Magento 1.4.2 and when it came to setting up the Google Apps email I naturally enough installed my own extension (that is why I built it, after all). This post describes the fixes and changes in the latest version of my SMTP Pro Magento email extension.
I found a number of issues with it, one related to the sub-directory install, one related to multi-store and others to do with the Magento version, that needed to be fixed (in a hurry). So to those of you reporting issues over the last month or so, sorry for the delay getting to them. Better late than never eh Fontis.
In addition to testing with Magento 1.4.2 which I can confirm works, here’s what I have fixed/changed:
- Fixed the self-test when running it from a webstore installed in a subdirectory.
- Fixed the
Cannot set standard header from addHeader()exception. It was caused by an upgrade to Zend in Magento 1.4.2. Reported here.
- Added German translations which I got from Thomas at NetResearch, Many thanks! (and apologies for taking months to finally roll them out).
- Added better logging around the ‘not valid for send’ state.
- Fixed the 404 error you get when running self-test on a store with the ‘use store code in url’ setting turned on. I suspect this may have been causing a few issues.
The SMTP extension is available on Magento Connect or you may prefer to download your Magento connect extensions manually. The release file for SMTP Pro version 1.4.0 is available here if you like to install Magento extensions manually.